These Terms and Conditions apply to Marketing services. Separate documents “Website Design Project Terms and Conditions” apply to Web Design Projects and other related services and “Website Hosting Terms and Conditions” apply to Website Hosting and Support services.
- Definitions. In these Conditions, the following definitions apply:
Business Day: a day (other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday) when banks in London are open for business.
Conditions: the terms and conditions set out in this document as amended from time to time in accordance with clause 14.6.
Contract: the contract between Cyber Fox and the Customer for the supply of Services in accordance with these Conditions.
Commencement Fee: the first payment for the Services.
Customer: the person or firm who purchases Services from Cyber Fox.
Early Termination Charge: The charge incurred by the Customer in the event the Customer terminates the Contract with more than 30 days of the Term left to run.
Force Majeure Event: any event arising which is beyond the reasonable control of the affected party (including any industrial dispute affecting any third party, governmental regulations, fire, flood, disaster, civil riot or war).
Intellectual Property Rights: patents, rights to inventions, copyright and related rights, trade marks, business names and domain names, rights in get-up, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off, rights in designs, database rights, rights to use, and protect the confidentiality of, confidential information (including know-how), and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, renewals or extensions of rights.
Key Phrases: The list of applicable search terms for optimisation which shall be agreed upon between Cyber Fox and the Customer prior to commencement of the Term.
Materials: the information provided to Cyber Fox by the Customer which Cyber Fox may reasonably require in order to supply the Services.
Cyber Fox: Cyber Fox Ltd a Company registered in England and Wales with company number 10063052.
Month: a calendar month and monthly shall be construed accordingly.
Monthly Fee: the monthly fees for the Services.
Order: the Customer’s Order for the supply of services as set out in the Customer’s purchase order form or the Customer’s written acceptance of Cyber Fox’s quotation as the case may be.
Search Engines: Google, Bing and Yahoo together with any additional or replacement search engines Cyber Fox elects to use in accordance with these Conditions.
Services: the marketing and search engine optimisation services to be provided by Cyber Fox to the Customer in accordance with the Services Specification.
Services Specification: the description or specification for the Services agreed on in writing between the Customer and Cyber Fox in the Contract.
Site: the website(s) of the Customer that Cyber Fox is to carry out the Services in respect of.
Term: The term for which Cyber Fox shall supply the Services to the Customer which will be for 12 months unless otherwise stated in the Contract.
- Construction. In these Conditions, the following rules apply:
(a) A person includes a natural person, corporate or unincorporated body (whether or not having separate legal personality).
(b) A reference to a party includes its personal representatives, successors or permitted assigns.
(c) A reference to a statute or statutory provision is a reference to such statute or provision as amended or re-enacted. A reference to a statute or statutory provision includes any subordinate legislation made under that statute or statutory provision, as amended or re-enacted.
(d) Any phrase introduced by the terms including, include, in particular or any similar expression shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words preceding those terms.
(e) A reference to writing or written includes letters and e-mails.
- Definitions. In these Conditions, the following definitions apply:
- BASIS OF CONTRACT
- The Order constitutes an offer by the Customer to purchase the Services in accordance with these Conditions. The Customer is responsible for ensuring that the terms of the Order and any applicable Specification are complete and accurate.
- The Order shall only be deemed to be accepted when Cyber Fox issues a written acceptance of the Order, at which point the Contract shall come into existence. For the purposes of this clause Cyber Fox’s written acceptance of an Order can take the form of a digital signature.
- These Conditions apply to the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms that the Customer seeks to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
- The Contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. The Customer acknowledges that it has not relied on any statement, promise, representation, assurance or warranty made or given by or on behalf of Cyber Fox which is not set out in the Contract.
- Any samples, drawings, descriptive matter or advertising issued by Cyber Fox and any illustrations or descriptions of the Services contained in Cyber Fox’s catalogues or brochures are issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the Services described in them. They shall not form part of the Contract or have any contractual force.
- A quotation for the Goods given by Cyber Fox shall not constitute an offer. A quotation shall only be valid for a period of 20 Business Days from its date of issue.
- SUPPLY OF SERVICES
- Cyber Fox shall provide the Services to the Customer in accordance with the Service Specification in all material respects.
- Cyber Fox warrants to the Customer that the Services will be performed with reasonable care and skill.
- Cyber Fox will use all reasonable endeavours to meet any performance dates specified in the Contract but such dates shall be estimate only and time shall not be of the essence for the performance of the Services.
- Cyber Fox shall not commence the Services until it has received the Commencement Fee.
- Cyber Fox shall have the right to:
(a) make any changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement, or which do not materially affect the nature or quality of the Services, and Cyber Fox shall notify the Customer in any such event; and
(b) without notice change any of the Search Engines to which the Customers Site is submitted by the inclusion of additional search engines or the replacement of any search engines to those listed in clause which Cyber Fox at its sole discretion sees fit for the purposes of optimisation.
- CUSTOMER’S OBLIGATIONS
- The Customer acknowledges that Cyber Fox’s ability to provide the Services is dependent upon the full and timely co-operation of the Customer (which the Customer agrees to provide), as well as the accuracy and completeness of any information and data the Customer provides to Cyber Fox. The Customer shall (inter alia) allow Cyber Fox access to the Site to make any changes for the purposes of optimisation.
- The Customer shall be responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the Materials.
- If Cyber Fox’s performance of the Services under the Contract are is delayed or prevented by any act or omission of the Customer including failure to make any payment(s) due under the Contract (Customer Default) without limiting its other remedies Cyber Fox shall have the right to perform suspend performance of the Services until the Customer remedies the Customer Default. The Customer shall continue to be liable for the Monthly Charge during any period in which Cyber Fox suspends performance of the Services due to Customer Default.
- Cyber Fox shall not be liable for any loss sustained or incurred by the Customer arising directly or indirectly from Cyber Fox’s failure to or delay to perform the Services due to Customer Default.
- The price for the Services shall be as stated in the Contract.
- The Commencement Fee shall be paid by the Customer prior to Cyber Fox commencing provision of the Services.
- The Customer shall pay the Monthly Fee by standing order, PayPal or direct debit in accordance with the payment terms set out in the Contract in full and cleared funds to a bank account nominated in writing by Cyber Fox; and
- time for payment shall be the essence of the contract.
- If the Customer fails to make any payment due to Cyber Fox under the Contract by the due date for payment Cyber Fox may at its sole discretion suspend the Services. Cyber Fox reserves the right to take down the Site until confirmation of payment has been received.
- If the Customer fails to make any payment due to Cyber Fox under the Contract by the due date for payment, then the Customer shall pay interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 4% per annum above Royal Bank of Scotland’s base rate from time to time. Such interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. The Customer shall pay the interest together with the overdue amount.
- The Customer shall pay all amounts due under the Contract in full without any set-off, counterclaim, deduction or withholding except as required by law. Cyber Fox may, without limiting its other rights or remedies, set off any amount owing to it by the Customer against any amount payable by Cyber Fox to the Customer.
- If for any period during the Term Cyber Fox fails to provide the Services in accordance with the Service Specification (Default Period) it shall refund the Customer pro rata for the Default Period.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Nothing in these Conditions shall limit or exclude the Cyber Fox’s liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence; or
(b) any breach of section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or
(c) fraud; or
(d) any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Cyber Fox shall not be liable to the Customer for any damage to software, damage to or loss of data, loss of profit, anticipated profits, revenues, anticipated savings, goodwill or business opportunity, or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Subject to clause Cyber Fox’s total liability to the Customer in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the total payable by the Customer to Cyber Fox under the Contract.
- Nothing in these Conditions shall limit or exclude the Cyber Fox’s liability for:
- The Customer shall indemnify Cyber Fox against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal costs (calculated on a full indemnity basis) and all other professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by Cyber Fox arising out of or in connection with(a) The customer’s breach or negligent performance or non-performance of the Contract and/or these Conditions;(b) the enforcement of the Contract and/or these Conditions;(c) any claim made against Cyber Fox by a third party arising out of or in connection with the provision of the Services to the extent that such claim arises out of the breach, negligent performance or failure or delay in performance of the Contract and/or these Conditions by the Customer its employees, agents or subcontractors.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The Customer shall permit Cyber Fox to use any Intellectual Property Rights of the Customer contained on the Site for the purpose of providing the Services.
- The Customer shall indemnify Cyber Fox against all damages, losses and expenses arising as a result of any action or claim that the Materials infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of a third party.
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMISATION
- Cyber Fox shall provide industry standard Search Engine Optimisation in connection with the Services, which includes a selection of page titles, opening paragraphs and meta-tags and utilising the Key Phrases as Cyber Fox at its sole discretion sees fit.
- In addition to the Key Phrases Cyber Fox reserves the right to suggest other additional terms, words or phrases (Additional Terms) for optimisation that are directly or indirectly related to the business purposes, goods and services of the Customer. Cyber Fox shall submit the Additional Terms to the Customer in writing for the Customer’s approval prior to utilizing them. The Customer must be aware that the time it takes for significant progress to be made on the popularity of Additional Terms depends on the competitiveness of the Additional Terms and the Search Engines’ indexing and ranking systems.
- The Customer acknowledges the following in connection with the Services:
(a) Cyber Fox does not guarantee any position for the Site on any Search Engine. Search engines are operated by third parties who frequently change the algorithm they use to index website pages.
(b) Site pages may not be accepted by the Search Engine at the Search Engine’s sole discretion. Cyber Fox will resubmit Site pages that have not been accepted by the Search Engine.
(c) Cyber Fox is not shall not be responsible for any changes made to the Site by the Customer or any third party which adversely affects the position of the Site on the Search Engines.
- The Services shall be provided by Cyber Fox for the Term and on expiry of the Term shall continue to be supplied unless the Contract is otherwise terminated by one of the parties. The Customer can terminate the Contract by giving Cyber Fox not less than 30 day’s notice.
- If the Customer gives notice of termination to Cyber Fox with more than 30 days of the Term left to run the Customer shall incur the Early Termination Charge. This charge will never be more than the Customer’s Monthly Fee multiplied by the number of months remaining in the Term. The amount of the Early Termination Charge will be notified to the Customer before termination of the Contract takes effect.
- Cyber Fox reserves the right to terminate the Contract with immediate effect at any time and for any reason by giving written notice to the Customer including if the Customer fails to pay any amount due under the Contract on the due date for payment.
- Without limiting its other rights or remedies, Cyber Fox may terminate the Contract with immediate effect by giving written notice to the Customer if:
(a) the Customer suspends, or threatens to suspend, payment of its debts, or is unable to pay its debts as they fall due or admits inability to pay its debts, or (being a company or limited liability partnership) is deemed unable to pay its debts within the meaning of section 123 of the Insolvency Act 1986, or (being an individual) is deemed either unable to pay its debts or as having no reasonable prospect of so doing, in either case, within the meaning of section 268 of the Insolvency Act 1986, or (being a partnership) has any partner to whom any of the foregoing apply;
(b) the Customer commences negotiations with all or any class of its creditors with a view to rescheduling any of its debts, or makes a proposal for or enters into any compromise or arrangement with its creditors;
(c) (being a company) a petition is filed, a notice is given, a resolution is passed, or an order is made, for or in connection with the winding up of the Customer, other than for the sole purpose of a scheme for a solvent amalgamation of the Customer with one or more other companies or the solvent reconstruction of the Customer;
(d) (being a company) an application is made to court, or an order is made, for the appointment of an administrator or if a notice of intention to appoint an administrator is given or if an administrator is appointed over the Customer;
(e) (being a company) the holder of a qualifying floating charge over the Customer’s assets has become entitled to appoint or has appointed an administrative receiver;
(f) a person becomes entitled to appoint a receiver over the Customer’s assets or a receiver is appointed over the Customer’s assets;
(g) (being an individual) the Customer is the subject of a bankruptcy petition or order;
(h) a creditor or encumbrancer of the Customer attaches or takes possession of, or a distress, execution, sequestration or other such process is levied or enforced on or sued against, the whole or any part of its assets and such attachment or process is not discharged within 14 days;
(i) any event occurs, or proceeding is taken, with respect to the Customer in any jurisdiction to which it is subject that has an effect equivalent or similar to any of the events mentioned in clause 11.3(a) to clause 11.3(f) (inclusive);
(j) the Customer suspends, threatens to suspends, ceases or threatens to cease to carry on all or a substantial part of its business;
(k) the Customer’s financial position deteriorates to such an extent that in Cyber Fox’s opinion the Customer’s capability to adequately fulfil its obligations under the Contract has been placed in jeopardy; and
(l) (being an individual) the Customer dies or, by reason of illness or incapacity (whether mental or physical), is incapable of managing his or her own affairs or becomes a patient under any mental health legislation.
- Without limiting its other rights or remedies, Cyber Fox may suspend provision of the Services under the Contract or any other contract between Cyber Fox and the Customer if the Customer becomes subject to any of the events listed in clause 11.3(a) to clause 11.3(l), or Cyber Fox reasonably believes that the Customer is about to become subject to any of them, or if the Customer fails to pay any amount due under this Contract on the due date for payment.
- On termination of the Contract for any reason:
(a) the Customer shall immediately pay to Cyber Fox all of Cyber Fox’s outstanding unpaid invoices and interest and, in respect of services supplied but for which no invoice has yet been submitted, Cyber Fox shall submit an invoice, which shall be payable by the Customer immediately on receipt;
(b) the accrued rights and remedies of the parties as at termination shall not be affected, including the right to claim damages in respect of any breach of the Contract which existed at or before the date of termination or expiry; and
(c) clauses which expressly or by implication have effect after termination shall continue in full force and effect.
- A party (receiving party) shall keep in strict confidence all technical or commercial know-how, specifications, inventions, processes or initiatives which are of a confidential nature and have been disclosed to the receiving party by the other party (disclosing party), its employees, agents or subcontractors, and any other confidential information concerning the disclosing party’s business, its products and services which the receiving party may obtain. The receiving party shall only disclose such confidential information to those of its employees, agents and subcontractors who need to know it for the purpose of discharging the receiving party’s obligations under the Contract, and shall ensure that such employees, agents and subcontractors comply with the obligations set out in this clause as though they were a party to the Contract. The receiving party may also disclose such of the disclosing party’s confidential information as is required to be disclosed by law, any governmental or regulatory authority or by a court of competent jurisdiction. This clause 12 shall survive termination of the Contract.
- FORCE MAJEURE
- Cyber Fox shall not be liable to the Customer as a result of any delay or failure to perform its obligations under this Contract as a result of a Force Majeure Event. If the Force Majeure Event prevents Cyber Fox from providing any of the Services and/or Goods for more than four weeks, Cyber Fox shall, without limiting its other rights or remedies, have the right to terminate this Contract immediately by giving written notice to the Customer.
- Assignment and other dealings.
(a) Cyber Fox may at any time assign, transfer, mortgage, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of its rights or obligations under the Contract.
(b) The Customer may not assign, transfer, mortgage, charge, subcontract, declare a trust over or deal in any other manner with any or all of its rights or obligations under the Contract without the prior written consent of Cyber Fox.
(a) Any notice or other communication given to a party under or in connection with the Contract shall be in writing, addressed to that party at its registered office (if it is a company) or its principal place of business (in any other case) or such other address as that party may have specified to the other party in writing in accordance with this clause, and shall be delivered personally, sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service, commercial courier or e-mail.
(b) A notice or other communication shall be deemed to have been received: if delivered personally, when left at the address referred to in clause 14.2(a); if sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service, at am on the second Business Day after posting; if delivered by commercial courier, on the date and at the time that the courier’s delivery receipt is signed; or, if sent by e-mail, one Business Day after transmission.
(c) The provisions of this clause shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
(a) If any provision or part-provision of the Contract is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of the Contract.
(b) If any provision or part-provision of this Contract is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the parties shall negotiate in good faith to amend such provision so that, as amended, it is legal, valid and enforceable, and, to the greatest extent possible, achieves the intended commercial result of the original provision.
- Waiver. A waiver of any right or remedy under the Contract or law is only effective if given in writing and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under the Contract or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
- Third party rights. A person who is not a party to the Contract shall not have any rights to enforce its terms.
- Variation. Except as set out in these Conditions, no variation of the Contract, including the introduction of any additional terms and conditions, shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by Cyber Fox.
- Governing law & Jurisdiction This agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Contract or its subject matter or formation.
- Assignment and other dealings.